Automated lighting allows a central controller to operate the lights, adding convenience, security and energy savings to your home. Oliver Electric is skilled in installing different automated lighting systems like the Lutron Grafik Eye and Radio Ra. Whether your looking to reduce energy cost, increase comfort, or manage light control solutions, Oliver Electric can recommend the best solution for you.
An automated lighting system provides the following benefits:
- Timed control of all lights. The lighting system calculates sunrise and sunset for each day based on your city, and even takes into account Daylight Savings Time.
- Outside lights turn on at dusk
- Outside lights turn off at preset times or dawn
- When you leave during the day and arm your security system to AWAY mode, all inside lights turn off
- If you leave during the evening then most lights turn off, but key lights are left on in order to simulate a lived-in look
- While you are away in the evening the lights turn on and off in different rooms in order to give your home a lived-in look. This routine varies randomly from day to day.
- Lights turn on automatically when you enter a room
- Lights can be programmed to turn off automatically
- Lights can be turned on if the security system detects an intruder
- Much more...